A naturally energising powder that’s packed with nutrients, Matcha is made by crushing green tea leaves in a fine, bright green powder. We use ceremonial matcha which is the highest quality form and is made from the youngest leaves at the top of the tea plant.
Our Organic Powders nutritionist, Harriet recommends enjoying a matcha smoothie recipe or matcha latte for an afternoon pick me up. Matcha contains more than 50% less caffeine than coffee making it a calming stimulant. You don’t have to worry about any anxiety-inducing effects or the half-life that keeps you awake; often associated with coffee, which is the amount of time it takes for a substance to be cleared from your system.
Matcha health benefits
- Proven to improve sleep quality
- May strengthen your bones
- Contains a high volume of natural compounds that are beneficial to the skin
- Rich in vitamins: A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, K,
- 137 times the antioxidants found in traditional green tea
- May help lower blood glucose levels
Matcha smoothie recipe ingredients:
- 1 tbsp ceremonial matcha powder
• 20g protein powder – we use Performance Blend
• 1 banana
• 1 frozen spinach ball
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 200ml milk of your choice (we use Plenish Almond Milk as this contains zero artificial ingredients)
• 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth (you may need to put it on a high setting to ensure the spinach is fully blended).
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Matcha smoothie recipe nutritional information
Once you try this high protein Matcha smoothie recipe, your standard smoothies won’t ever be the same! The earthy flavour combined with the sweetness from the fruit and protein powder make it a delicious and health-boosting choice.
Tips when enjoying matcha:
- A little can go a long way (use no more than a tbsp per serving)
- Add sweetness to your matcha if you aren’t familiar with the earthy flavour
- When enjoying hot, mix with a little hot water first to make a paste. Check out our Matcha Latte recipe
Buy a 100g pouch of ceremonial matcha for £19.85 and use code *MATCHA10* for 10% off your first order.